CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

I Should Disconnect My Computer from the Internet

I shouldn't be writing this right now. I shouldn't even be on the internet. I have so much work to do by Monday it is ridiculous. I really enjoyed the long weekend at home, but it set me back so much! Sunday I got back to school and realized I was whole book behind in my reading. Melanie (my roommate. Just in case there happens to be a reader who doesn't know me. Doubtful.) is working on her rewrites for writing 150, which I help with occasionally, but she would rather be making paper snowflakes. I agree. The end of the semester is awful! I just can't wait till finals are behind me and I can relax!


Instead of my papers, I'd rather be working on this:
That would be the Noro Scarf, which is so much fun to knit! I should be working on Christmas presents, but I just I love watching the colors come together. Speaking of knitting, I brought my knitting to my Civ class a few weeks ago, because I was desperately trying to get a pair of fingerless mitts done before the cold weather hit. My prof was fascinated and he said that he had never had a student knit in class before. I was a little surprised at that, because I am sure I am not the only student here who has yarn exploding from her/his backpack. Anyway, yesterday I went to class and three other girls were knitting. I feel like I have just won a small victory in some way. I inadvertently got more people to knit in public! Mwahahahahahaha... The class continues next semester with the same people, so we'll see if this knitting continues, or if they go back in the closet.

Maybe people are knitting more now because of the weather. Today was bitterly cold with the wind blowing. But at least we have snow!

They say it is supposed to rain tomorrow, but I am really hoping they are wrong. The snow just puts me in such a better mood. If I have to watch it turn to a slushy mess, I won't be able to handle it. I'll just have to turn in a blank sheet of paper for my final on Monday. I swear I will. 

1 comments:

TIMMMAY!!! said...

The scarf is coming along great baby! I love the colors! And kudos on bringing knitting to the gvsu public! hehee

Can you bring some snow home with you over winter break? pweeeeeez!!!