CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, November 21, 2008

Meanwhile, Somewhere in Detroit...

So I am currently sitting in Timmy's dorm room at UDM. He is at this moment getting initiated into APO, his service frat, and I am neglecting my Italian homework and trying to figure out his computer. PCs... I miss my Mac. Anyway, Timmy's suite mate Ihor is playing his music way too loud. You are going to blow out your eardrums good sir.

Ok, first of all, I have to answer Ihor's question from the comments on my last post. Yes, Grand Valley has a bowling class. And archery, ballroom dancing, salsa dancing, soccer, swimming, ballet, basketball, fencing, and a ton others that I can't think of at the moment and I don't feel like looking up. I really wanted to take archery next semester but it is taught off campus and I don't have a car to get there.

Let's see... what else has been happening...

Recently I taught Timmy how to knit! He picked it up pretty fast and was a mazed how addicting it can be. I could've told him that... He is also discovering how relaxing it can be to just knit and purl away after a stressful day. I had him set up an account on Ravelry, so he can chronicle his progress from the very beginning. I wish Ravelry was around when I first started! Before I left school to come home for the weekend, my mom and I stopped off at City Knitting to pick up some good yarn for Timmy. I got him this beautiful blue speckled merino wool. It is navy blue with flecks of lighter blue. If I was on my own computer I would post some pictures. He immediately casted on a scarf after I gave him his yarn and needles. The project is sitting on the desk next to me and my fingers are itching to work on it... but I shall resist! The yarn is so very nice... I am very jealous. I am only on my second dishcloth and allready they are driving me bonkers. I want to toss the cotton out the window and turn to the Noro I bought for a scarf. The only thing keeping me from ripping the dishcloth off my needled and casting on the scarf is that they are size 6, and the scarf I want to make needs size 7. Curse me for leaving all my needles at school! CURSES!!!

Ihor is now whistling along with his music. Hmmm...

1 comments:

The Ukrainian One said...

If you think I play my music loud, you should hear Tim on a weeknight...it's twice as loud. I still don't believe that you got 109...