CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, November 24, 2008

Weekend Update

Since I have no classes on Fridays, I consider Thursday night the beginning of my weekend. Last Thursday, my mom came to get me and bring me home for the weekend because it was Timmy's birthday!

Binx also enjoyed Timmy's birthday...

 As I posted on Friday, I went down to Detroit that night while Timmy had his APO thingamabob. Saturday was his birthday, and also his cousin's wedding. The wedding was a lot of fun! Although, in his sermon, the priest related the couple's marriage to Ulysses S. Grant. I didn't get it. Supposedly Grant had a wonderful marriage, even though he was the worst president the U.S. has ever had, and ended his life as a drunken, broke failure. But hey, his marriage was good, so lets use him in the wedding sermon! I was cracking up. 

After the reception, Timmy and I went back to my house and we watched WALL-E with my mom. I LOVE WALL-E! I definately think that WALL-E is the best Pixar movie ever. Next comes Toy Story, because it is from my childhood and therefore just awesome. But I'm not going to go into my ranks of Pixar movies right now because I want to talk about WALL-E. If you (the three people who actually read this) haven't seen it, you need to. Right now. I just love it, WALL-E is just so adorable, I want to take him home with me. I also like the content of the movie (don't worry if you haven't seen it, I'm not going to give anything away). I find it amazing that it takes years to make these movies, but the content of WALL-E is so poignant right now. I could go on and on about the wonders of that movie, but I'm just going to tell you to go watch it and love. 


On Sunday, my mom and I slept in and took our time getting back to GV. We stopped at Macaroni Grill for dinner, and finally made it to school at 6:30. I still had my Scarlet Letter paper to write, my Italian packet to finish, and an Italian PowerPoint presentation/3 page report to put together for today. I really DID NOT want to do all that, of course. But I stayed up till 4 and got it all done. I can't guarantee that it is my best work, but at least it is all done. I have never had to pull an all nighter in my life, and I am not about to start now. I actually got 5 1/2 hours of sleep! Go me!

Last night I also frogged the dishcloth I am working on. I had made a bunch of mistakes in it, and I needed the therapy. ALthough it was over halfway done and I have to start it all over again... grrr. I could have let the mistakes go, because they didn't change the look of the work, but I knew that they were there. And I can't live with that. But it doesn't change the fact that I have to start it all over again!!! @#$^&%$*@^#*&^^%$#^@#^&@%#@%%#@^@&@#^%!!!!! That is one long curse. But after last night, I need to curse. It is a good thing that I left my Noro at home, other wise I would be knee deep in a new project right now...

2 comments:

TIMMMAY!!! said...

I LOVE WALL-E!! I am definitely saving up for da Ultimate Wall-E Toy!!!!

Josh said...

I want to see that movie. If I don't, I will die. Anything that NPR approves = good in my book