CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, October 5, 2009

Hot Mess

My life is somewhat of a hot mess right now. The only real joys I have are eating at Fresh Food, the knowledge that the weekend will come again, and the satisfaction I get from saying the phrase "hot mess". Say it with me: HOT MESS. Hot mess. Hotmesshotmesshotmess. Anyway, why is my life such a hot mess right now? As if the fact that I am a poor college student wasn't enough.

1. I am behind in 3 classes. Significantly behind. Like, I have so much work that I don't even know where to begin, and if I work on getting one subject done, the others have to suffer.

2. My new tights somehow stained my fingernails blue. They are a blue plaid type of pattern and when I put them on this morning, the color rubbed off on my hands. It washed off my fingers but the color on my nails seemed to intensify aftr meeting up with soap and water. I don't even want to think what these tights are doing to the inside of my skirt right now. I fear that the khaki may look more like denim when the day is through.

3. I have so many assignments due this week. I know that goes along with #1, but it is such a big thing that I think it should be mentioned twice. Besides, #1 is more about being behind on my reading, and this one describes more of why I can't catch up on that reading.

4. Because of #1 and #3, I don't have much time to go to the gym. I am losing all the progress I made in the first weeks of the school year.

5. My dirty laundry is overflowing. I won't run out of clothes, because I am blessed with an extensive wardrobe, but I am afraid that the dirty laundry might aquire some form of intelligence and mobility and come attack me in the night.

6. If my laundry does decide to attack me, I will be ready for it because I don't get to bed until about 4 am (reason #6 why my life is a hot mess). So if it is planning a sneak attack it should wait until daybreak. But we all know that evil supernatural laundry can only move about at night, so I am safe.

7. Brian Boitano has dissapeared from his Sunday time slot, and I have no idea where he went to. Food Network is not giving me answers, but instead they are throwing Paula Dean dipped in butter and deep fried at me through the airwaves. Not cool Food Network, not cool.

8. All the other things I want to do are being pushed to the wayside. I am in 3 organizations but I really only have the time to dedicate to one, and I hate that. I want to go on trips with the backpacking club, but I don'y have the time, or the gear, which leads me to my next point.

9. I don't have any money to buy the things I want. I want to buy some proper backpacking gear so I can go on these trips, but I don't have the money. I only have enough money to buy the food I need. I have no income. I have an etsy account that I could seel things on, but then I don't have the time to make things to sell.

Hot mess. Most definatly. I just keep telling myself that this college thing is worth it. It is hard to believe when school is keeping me from all the things I love to do. When I am staying up late reading about things that I have no interest in, it is hard to make myself believe that I want to be here. When I find myself dragging my feet through boring classes, drinking gallons of coffee (coffee on campus tastes like hot garbage, by the way) just to get myself through the day, and finding that there isnt't enough time in a weekend to catch up on work and sleep, it is really hard to make myself believe that I am in the right place, doing the right thing. I had better get a job when I graduate or so help me...

0 comments: